After nearly two weeks of research and constant problems of installing and uninstalling tones of incompatible drivers for my PC Win7 UltX64, I decided to share my ways to solve the most recent problems I had as a new test user of this OS.
The first one in line was the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver R2.36 for Windows 7 and the problem with the FRONT PANEL (microphone and headphone) audio plug-ins. The driver supports Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and other earlier OS for both 32-bit x86 and 64-bit x64 OS.
That one was the most difficult to solve because it seemed that Realtek official website and servers are down or in huge problem, but it doesn’t matter now.
So… Let’s get started !
I’ll try to explain in few simple steps how to handle with this one – the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver R2.36 is working perfectly on my Windows 7 Ultimate X64 version.
Step 01 – Set in the BIOS settings -> High Definition Audio -> Front Panel -> ON or ENABLE
Step 02 – Restart your computer and Download the driver from the link -> Realtek High Definition Audio Driver R2.36 for Windows Vista and Windows 7
Step 03 – Unzip and install the driver and here you are! That’s All! Now you can enjoy your front panel high definition audio phones and microphone.
Here’s another useful tip I know : If you do have a “white noise” that is easy to be heard over your main speakers or headphones don’t forget to MUTE the settings in the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver R2.36 -> Microphone -> Recording Volume and Playback Volume -> MUTE
PS. If something goes wrong with the installation, please go to:
- My Computer -> Control Panel -> Troubleshooting -> Programs -> Program Compatibility and run the “Advanced” – “Applay repairs automatically” mode.
- Wait for the system to check for “Detecting Issues”
- Select “Not Listed” option
- “Enter the program file’s location” -> (Your HDD):\rltk_hd_ def_ audio_drv_ r236\Vista_Win7_R236\Setup.exe and if it is necessary give the program permission to run in “Vista Compatibility Mode”
That’s It ! Here you are ready to go, nice and set up!
I hope I was helpful.
My next articles are going to be on:
- Windows 7 OS X64 – System HDD + Raid 0 installation, some problems and the ways to resolve them
- Windows 7 OS X64 – Skype 3.8 problems and some alternative ways to handle with.